Time for Tea...
...Hong Kong style.For us, there's nothing quite as nice as a pot of aromatic tea, especially when presented the way the Mandarin Oriental presents it.
Afternoon tea in the Clipper Lounge restaurant was (I say was, because the hotel has been refurbished since we were there so I'm not sure anymore) an elaborate and colonial affair, with a huge range of Chinese and Indian teas to choose from, and a tiered cake-plate full of traditional English goodies such as sandwiches and scones.
Not far down the road, the Mandarin Oriental Landmark's trendy MO Bar also does afternoon tea, but with a serious modern-fusion twist, in keeping with the general feel of this new hotel.
This little gem of a tea shop was down the far end of Hollywood Rd with charming hosts who taught us the intricacies of the Chinese tea ceremony. Phil was in his element and I eventually had to drag him out!
Comments