Bubble Tea
Earlier this year we took a trip to New York and visited China Town where we stopped at the Green Tea Cafe (45 Mott Str, NY) where we had to try bubble tea. Wow! It was the freakiest, most refreshing drink ever! Nothing like plopping slimy black balls into your gob via the fattest straw you've ever seen. Bubble tea is made with brewed black or green tea, milk, ice and either fruit or flavoured powder, and, of course, the slimy balls: black tapioca beads. It sounds weird, I know, but trust me, it's great!We haven't tried making it at home yet, but come Summer, we will (you do get hot bubble tea, but we only tried cold ones that day, since it was a beautiful Spring day). There are loads of sites with recipes, all slightly different in their advice, so if you want to try it we'll let you Google for your own recipe. All 5 of us tried a different flavour, we had wheatgrass, melon, almond, sesame... and something, I forget. But as you can see from that list, you can pretty much have any flavour you can dream up!
While we're on the subject of New York, I have to mention that Sam and I went to Sarabeth's on our last day there. We'd been told on good authority that it is the best breakfast in town. Well, we were like pigs in mud when it came to the pancakes!! The boys missed out this time, but I think that after seing the smug looks on our faces when we told them about it, and hearing us wax lyrical for days... they won't miss it again.
Comments